Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Bed for Allison!!

The new year is already bringing changes to our house. Allison got a big girl bed and for the first time last night, she went to bed not in a little baby crib, but in her big girl bed. Staying in bed however.... was not in her plan. I heard her get up 4 times, which wasn't too bad, I thought. I have watched Super Nanny enough to at least have a plan of how to handle kids getting out of bed. So I implemented. And then after 4 times, Melanie and I finally settled into a card game uninterupted.
Then Melanie went to bed and promptly came back down to report that Allison had not fallen asleep in her bed as we originally thought. She found Allison asleep in the hallway outside their door. Evidently, she fell alseep mid-party with two dogs, and right on top of her little green plate.

1 comment:

Christina said...

Can I tell you how much I am dreading moving Isaac from a crib to a toddler bed someday? How do you make them stay in there??? Coming out 4 times isn't bad for the first night! I love that she fell aslepp mid-play with her puppies. So cute. And you taking a picture of it... priceless.