Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!! Breakfast in bed

This morning when Allison woke up Melanie (who slept until 10am after staying up until almost 2am; we were playing Ligretto (card game) and Milles Bournes and Uno with friends last night. We did actually take a break at 11:59:47 to celebrate the new year for about 20 seconds before returning to our card game - in a room full of competitive people, Ligretto can be rather intense (and fun!).).... Anyways, Melanie announced that she wasn't going to come downstairs all day; would I please bring her breakfast in bed. I took breakfast up (confetti colored cereal, two oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, and an orange = good way to start the New Year) and the light was awesome and I took this fuzzy picture.

Then Allison wanted breakfast in *her* bed, and this is her most awesome squinty faced super smile while she eats confetti cereal and "mars-i-mo's" ("marshmallows"; I love the 2/almost 3 y.o. speech!!). It was a great morning.

I have loved reading so many blogs this year and keeping up with all your fun activities. During these slow winter months I will try to fill in the gap from when I last blogged over the summer. Keep posting, all you Superwomen, b/c your posts are greatly enjoyed!! Happy New Year! May peace and blessings and fun and frivolity and sunshine abound in your lives this year!!

No comments: