Thursday, September 18, 2008

Surfer girls

So I promised more from this summer. One of the highlights of the summer for me was watching Julia and Melanie learn how to surf.

Julia's got it. She's got the stance and everything. Now if she could just drop the dorky parents, she might be able to have some kind of a life.....
(Excuse the bad photography, but you gotta remember the photographer is out in the gnarly surf, getting thrashed all around by the epic swell....)

Here's Melanie standing up on that stick like it's nothing. She yells out "COWABUNGA" every time she catches a wave."Little surfer, little one, Made my heart come all undone...." My teeny wahines!!

2 comments:

Meeker home said...

Holy cow- that's impressive!!

Erin said...

Hi Jill, How are you doing? I can't believe Melanie is up on the surfboard, cool! I like the pink hi-top picture. Fun.